- Care: Easy suitable for beginers
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot. This easy-going houseplant has highly pattered sword-shaped foliage, which will help liven up a spot away from direct sunlight. This is a relatively compact plant that is quite slow growing, so it does not need repotting very often and will look best placed on a sideboard or coffee table.
- Home care: Keep away from draughts and water sparingly in winter. Maintain temperatures above 16°C and mist the leaves regularly to increase humidity. Repot (preferably into a shallow pot) every 3 years or so in spring.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant