Variegated Spider Plant
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: Quick growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.This houseplant is incredibly popular as it is so easy to grow - just place it in a well lit place, water, and watch it grow! As it matures it deveops stems, each of which has a baby plant at its tip. These can pegged down into compost and when rooted, the stem can be cut and you will have another plant - great for jumble sales or gifts for friends!
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves every so often with water to increase humidity and make sure the winter temperatures stay above 8°C. Repot when it has outgrown its pot.