- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: spring
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 60cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot. This plant has been a favorite for many years now. Once it gets going it can be truly impressive with large, glossy heart shaped leaves which as the plant matures have the distinctive perforated and deeply cut leaves. It originates from tropical rainforests where the aeriel roots helped it to climb up into the canopy.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally it likes a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes a moist soil but not a waterlogged soil, so in the winter feel the soil before you water it. In the summer you can water more.