- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Flowering period: summer
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 60cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 15cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot. Who doesn't like a palm in the house....this elegant dwarf palm with narrow evergreen leaflets is slow growing so won't take over your conservatory. Keep it in a bright room, but not in direct sunlight and away from cold draughts.
- Home care: Simple to look after as long as you follow a few rules. Most importantly is to make sure that it has good drainage, so don't leave it standing in water. The soil needs to be slightly moist in the winter, increasing the watering through the summer months so that the soil doesn't dry out. Mist the leaves regularly if the room is warm, and sponge the leaves occasionally. If the leaves start to brown at the tips, this could be because the air is too dry.