- Position: ideally bright, with some full sun, but will also tolerate shade
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.If you have never grown a house plant before and are looking for something that is virtually iindestructible, then look no further - as this is probably the toughest and most tolerant house plant you can find. It's a good-looker too, with attractively patterned leaves that don't flop or spread. It's great for tight spaces, or where you want something upright.
- Home care: The main thing to avoid with this plant is over-watering, so only water (avoiding the crown) when the compost gets quite dry. In winter you can cut back even more and only water every month or two and keep temperatures above 10°C. Repot every few years when the roots start to split the pot.